Search for a mate
Anti Scam Policy
Have you been scammed by other sites and are unsure whether we are genuine?
This is a genuine Ukrainian marriage agency site and our service helps men find Ukraine brides who are wanting an enjoyable safe and secure experience. The ladies are single Ukrainian women who are VERY real, and also happen to be beautiful Ukrainian women in looks as well as personality.
All correspondence is written by the ladies themselves with the help of translators. We have developed the site out of genuine concern from the ladies who wanted an online Ukraine dating site that really works for them.
Single Ukrainian women often get scammed as well
It may surprise you to know that many of the women on marriage agency and dating sites have also been scammed! They put up their profile on a site hoping to find their perfect match, when in reality some men abuse the privilege of this confidential information to play games or lie about who they are.
What have we done that shows we are not scammers?
We are IMBRA compliant which is a USA law that protects foreign nationals from American men who may have “suspect” backgrounds or criminal records.
We are totally against scam dating sites! We support anti scam initiatives and get ourselves listed on many of these. Keith Gordon is the owner of this site. You can see his photo and contact details on this site. You can contact him by telephone, email, on-line chat, fax and by letter and he will personally respond to you.
Ukraine brides has photos of all of our agency managers – they are real people working very hard for you and the single Ukrainian women that we keep on our books.
What can you do to test our International marriage agency?
You have chosen one of our single Ukrainian women and you have been corresponding via email. You book an on-line chat and there she is – live!
You ask her in the on-line chat about some of the letters that you have written and she remembers what you said in each letter.
If you see one of our ladies on another site does that mean she is a scammer?
Not necessarily. A lady is free to register on as many agency sites as she chooses. This will give her a greater chance of finding her dream man. But if you see the same lady on a different site with a different name or profile, there could be a problem.
What are some of the warning signs if I am being scammed?
- She asks you for money
- You pay the site for her contact details (dating sites may be OK)
- The site is not IMBRA compliant
- You can never book an on-line chat
- You can never contact a real live person when you have a problem
- Your concerns go unanswered
What do you do if you suspect anything irregular?
If you suspect anything irregular contact me personally and I will investigate and report back to you within 24 hours.
If you are not satisfied with my answer, contact Jim of Marriage Agency Scams at email@example.com. Jim will also contact me and will report back to you. I always work closely with Jim and often call on his experience when I have any questions about the industry.
What type of anti scam lists are there and who is on them?
Jim’s Agency Scams website www.jimslists.com/white provides information on scamming and lists of sites that he personally, or through a vetted agency, can recommend.
The lists are categorised by:
- Hell Yes List – Good or outstanding sites, vetted and trusted.
- Yes List – Adhere to the rules, no major complaints or infractions.
- No List – agencies that don’t don’t follow set standards and regulations.
- Hell No List - agencies that refuse to co-operate, allow unethical business to be conducted in their organization or blatantly conduct dishonest business.
- ? List - If there is an agency/site that is not listed, may not be known, may be new, or can’t really tell which list they belong to.
- Refused List - These are agencies that either refused to be on the Yes List or do NOT care about the scammers they have on their site.
Any agency not following these regulations will be placed on the No List until such time that they do.
Information on scamming & what to look out for
Scam profiles can be broken down in the following way:
- 45 % female profiles- created mostly by scam organizations with the single aim of financial fraud. Very few women scam independently.
- 25% male profiles - created exclusively by the Nigerian scam organization with the single aim of financial fraud.
- 30% untrue male profiles, usually partially true and partially very misleading - created by dishonest unscrupulous men usually in order to take sexual advantage of single Ukrainian women.
- 70% - American men
- 28% - men from Western Europe or other locations
- 2% - women
The following examples are the basis upon which most scam organizations run:
The infamous “Russian bride” scam, run by the Mery El organisation, is probably the best known and is simply done by creating lots of fake female profiles with pictures of Russian celebrities or pictures harvested from the internet and then writing to a lot of unsuspecting men. The fake profile then “falls in love” with all these men and starts asking them to send money for any of a number of reasons. If the man becomes suspicious the “lady” just disappears.
The Nigerian scam is very similar to the Russians. Obvious differences are that they will have profiles of black ladies as well as white. They also have many profiles of men. They use many different approaches and they constantly devise new ways. More info on www.nigerianscams.org.
An unfortunate fact is that Nigeria is known as the capital of the scam industry and the ways and means that are used are too numerous to mention.
Common Misconceptions about Dating Scams
- Russian women are scammers!
This is a misconception as the profiles that are created are fictitious and could be created by anybody. These women just simply don’t exist. There are very few independent female scammers in Russia.
- Women cheat and men are cheated!
Yes, most of the cheated victims are men, but not always. Often single Ukrainian women get cheated by dishonest men who talk about love and romance but in reality are just cunning sex-tourists.
- Online dating is dangerous!
On the contrary, you are safer online than in a bar because you have control of the situation and can make informed decisions. The key to safety is to use common sense and discretion and to carefully read and implement helpful anti-fraud information.
- There is no way to avoid the online scam!
Of course you can avoid it. Use agencies that come recommended through anti scam sites, have been referred by someone who has a real experience, are easy to contact and engage with on a personal level, are not afraid to give out references.
- Western dating sites are less likely to have scam profiles!
This is a misconception. Criminals operate wherever they see opportunity.
Types of Scam websites
- 3% - totally fraudulent websites operated by scam syndicates.
- 40% - owners knowingly tolerate and entertain the scammers to operate on the web site due to the positive activity that these profiles create on the site.
- 20% - owner of the site is not aware of fraudulent activity. They may even place links to anti-scam Web sites or general warning against scam, but are probably unaware of the scammers operating on their site.
- 30% - web sites with relatively few scammer profiles - these are usually webmasters who want to remove scam from their web site, but lack knowledge of the true origin of scam and/or technical expertise or time to do it successfully. Such webmasters remove some scam profiles, for example ones that they saw posted on the anti-scam Web sites, but they do not have an efficient way of sweeping off all scam profiles from their Web sites.
- 7% - even if the owner knows about scamming, scammers are very ingenious and can bypass even advanced anti-scam checks.
The best type of agency to deal with
The two main categories best recommended are sites that are transparent about their contact details, you can talk to a real person and their site uses advanced anti-fad filters (both automatic and manual) to clean scam profiles off their websites. The other is a local marriage agency where women register in person with their ID.
Scam FREE recipe
- Do not send money to anyone on the dating site if they request money from you. Immediately report to the website support where you met the person. If the website support shows little or no concern about that fact then contact www.agencyscams.com with their details, and if you have a blog site talk loud and clear about them.
- Use your common sense after you meet a lady. Genuine single Ukrainian women won’t be asking you for expensive gifts and jewelry, and you should spend time getting to know her.
- If you think you are being scammed contact Agency scams and any other website you know that has anti an scam policy. The more people band together to stop this practice the easier it will be to put a stop to it.
- Keep in mind that writing to ladies more than 16 or 17 years younger than yourself is usually just a waste of time, but doing it on websites that are not scam-free is also an easy way to invite trouble.
- Although there are scam-free dating websites, never forget it is mainly you who has to be alert and use common sense and discrimination in order to stay away from scam.
The most obvious proof of a scam profile is if they use common IP addresses, standard templates for their websites, use standard text or weird phrases that don’t make sense, or the same single Ukrainian women on all their sites keep coming up.
Another distinct feature is that once they figure out that a particular website starts filtering them by IP address they immediately start trying to hide their actual IP addresses. This can’t work, as when they correspond with a man outside the internal mail system you can check the IP address against blocked IP addresses.
The most common Ukranian city for scam is Lugansk. They specialize in translation scams as well. The Nigerian scam gang can also be very easily traced in the same way - all profiles created from similar IP addresses, using photos of celebrities for the fake profiles, similar profile texts, etc.